Our support to the earthquake region
Our support to the earthquake region
We will heal together and not forget.
We have mobilized all our resources in solidarity from the very first moment in order to overcome the grief and challenges of the earthquake disaster.
We have a long way ahead of us. We are well aware that the financial support to the disaster region should be sustained. We make our plans with this awareness and we are doing what we can in our power.
As Garanti BBVA, we provided support to the region to heal the wounds, as much as we can in these hard times. Here is the disclosure of our efforts:
We postpone loan and credit card debt payments on an interest-free basis, without the need for any application.
As for our retail and self-employed customers based in the cities and districts (Adıyaman, Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Malatya, Osmaniye and İslahiye and Nurdağı districts of Gaziantep) that were heavily damaged in the earthquake;
- We postpone their loan and credit card debt payments and non-cash loan commissions for 6 months on an interest-free basis until 31.08.2023, without the need for any application.
As for our retail and self-employed customers based in the provinces impacted by the earthquake (Adana, Gaziantep, Diyarbakır, Elazığ, Şanlıurfa and Kilis);
- We postpone their loan and credit card debt payments and non-cash loan commissions on an interest-free basis for 1 month from 06.02.2023 without the need for any application.
In addition, we are committed to offer the most reasonable financial solution to all our customers who were impacted by the earthquake, upon their request.
We write off loan and credit card debts of our customers who have lost their lives in the earthquake.
We write off the loan and credit card debts - including the principal amount - of our retail and self employed customers who lost their lives in earthquake disaster region.
We try to mitigate the impact of the earthquake with the financial support we provide to our corporate, commercial and SME customers. We will make financial resources available to our corporate, commercial and SME customers affected by the earthquake by providing long-term, large-scale support packages.
We do not charge credit card commissions and POS terminal fees.
We will not incur credit card and merchant POS fees until the end of 2023 from our retail and self employed customers who are based in cities and districts (Adıyaman, Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Malatya, Osmaniye provinces and İslahiye and Nurdağı districts of Gaziantep province) that are severely affected by the earthquake.
We do not charge fees and commissions for banking services.
As for our retail and self employed customers based in the cities and districts that suffered severe damage in the earthquake;
- We do not charge fees for transactions such as withdrawing money, depositing money, balance enquiry and credit card debt payment through all other bank ATMs in the earthquake region until 31.08.2023.
- We offer general banking services free of charge for 6 months (until 31.08.2023) for our customers based in the region hit by the earthquake disaster.
- We do not charge fees for swift and EFT transactions for charity organizations specified by the Banks Association of Türkiye.
We stand at your service in the earthquake region with our mobile vehicle branches.
- In order to provide access to banking transactions, we offer services via our branches and mobile vehicle branches in all earthquake-affected province centers. In total, we will be serving with 17 of our mobile vehicle branches.
- We deliver debit cards and credit cards from all our branches, including our mobile vehicle branches, so that our customers can access their cards easily and use them immediately.
We offer 6-month interest-free instalments for your donations to authorised aid organisations.
We offer 6 interest-free instalments for donation payments using Garanti BBVA credit cards
We offer support to our citizens who have lost their ID cards for their banking transactions.
Exception is made for our customers who have lost their ID cards in the earthquake allowing them the convenience of performing some transactions without ID cards.
From the very first moment, all our support goes to the earthquake region.
We are closely monitoring the needs of the earthquake area and striving to cover the basic and shelter needs of the region. From the first moment, we have quickly relocated our colleagues and their relatives to safe areas outside the earthquake zone. Thanks to our volunteering friends from all over Türkiye, we sustain our uninterrupted support to the region.
We donated a total of 650 million TL.
In addition to all the support we have provided to the earthquake region, we donated 650 million TL to the Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD).
BBVA Spain and BBVA Mexico support our country through donation campaigns on a global scale.
Our parent entity, BBVA Group, has launched a global donation campaign covering all its customers who want to support the region. The donations raised in the campaign will be used to cover the needs in the earthquake region.
As a country, we have a long and challenging path ahead of us. Our recovery will also take a long time, we are all aware of this. Initially, we allocate a financial support of 10 billion TL to meet the immediate financial difficulties of the region during this hard time. We commit ourselves to mobilise our means as required for the financial needs of the upcoming period.