Type of Committee: Main committee
Subcommittee Type: Legal / Approved by Board Members
Committee's Aim / Responsibilities: The Audit Committee was set up to assist the Board of Directors in the performance of its audit and supervision functions.
The committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring the effectiveness and adequacy of Garanti BBVA’s internal control, risk management and internal audit systems, and overseeing the operation of these systems and accounting and reporting systems in accordance with applicable regulations, and the integrity of resulting information,
- Conducting necessary preliminary evaluations for the selection of independent audit firms with appraisal and support services firms, and regularly monitor the activities of these firms,
- Ensuring that the internal audit functions of consolidated entities are performed in a consolidated and coordinated manner,
- Developing audit and control process in order to ensure ICAAP adequacy and accuracy,
- Monitoring the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and taking action to keep them up-to-date.
Meeting Frequency: The Committee meets at least four times a year. Extraordinary meetings may be held at the request of committee members.
Number of Meetings (2022): 7
||Independent Board Member
||Board Independent Member
|Jorge Saenz Azcunaga Carranza
||Vice Chairman of the Board / Board Independent Member