Occupational Health and Safety Policy
The purpose of this policy is to create and spread an occupational health and safety culture at Garanti Bankası A.Ş. (the Bank) and to determine the principles, rules and commitments regarding occupational health and safety.
Employees are obliged to comply with this policy, the Occupational Health and Safety Law, secondary legislations regarding its implementation, and other relevant legislations.
This policy applies to the employees and activities, as well as the subcontractors, visitors and clients of Garanti Bankası A.Ş.
Bank: T. Garanti Bankası A.Ş.
Employees: Employees of T. Garanti Bankası A.Ş.
4.1. Purpose and Objectives of Occupational Health and Safety
Below are the principles determined to create an occupational health and safety culture for the bank, to prevent job accidents and occupational diseases, and to create a safe and healthy work environment:
- To meet the legal obligations regarding Occupational Health and Safety, to meet the relevant national and international standards and conditions, to take all sorts of measures, to make the relevant tools and personal protective equipment ready and to offer them for use when required with the aim to ensure the safety and health of employees, subcontractors, visitors, clients and those appointed to tasks outside the workplace,
- With participation by employees and by conducting an efficient risk analysis and assessment, to ensure early detection, elimination or reduction to an acceptable level of the unsafe situations and behaviors that may lead to job accidents and occupational diseases, as well as potential accident risks,
- To detect the risks that may lead to job accidents or occupational diseases with the aim to ensure the safety and health of the employees, visitors, subcontractors, and to decrease all sorts of potential material and nonmaterial loss,
- To train employees regarding occupational health and safety in order to raise awareness, ensure that occupational health and safety becomes a culture and make it a lifestyle,
- To ensure that the subcontractors, visitors and clients at the workplace comply with the applicable legislations as well as the occupational health and safety rules that are in line with the Bank’s standards,
- To make the Bank an exemplary company in the eyes of the affiliated organizations and clients in terms of occupational health and safety practices,
- To meet legal obligations and other requirements regarding Occupational Health and Safety with the participation of employees with the aim to perform beyond national and international standards for continuous improvement,
- To ensure that the job accidents and occupational diseases observed are recorded and reported,
- To monitor compliance with occupational health and safety rules and to ensure that noncompliances are eliminated,
- To ensure that the opinions of employees are heard and that the employees are involved in the process.
4.2. Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Occupational Health and Safety management systems and all supporting elements are protected at levels stated in the policies and procedures.
4.3. Training and Information
For the Bank’s employees, various training and information activities are carried out through the methods determined in compliance with the legal legislation regarding occupational health and safety.
4.4. Health Supervision
The health and safety risks that the employees may be exposed to at the workplace are supervised, and the job accident and occupational disease procedures are monitored.
Taking into account the health and safety risks that the employee will be exposed to in the workplace, health surveillance and work accident and occupational disease processes are followed.
4.5. Risk Analysis and Monitoring
The risk assessment team determined at the workplaces of the Bank carries out field supervision and risk assessment activities. Risk analysis and field observation activities are renewed within the legal time and under the conditions stated in the legislation. Measures for the risks detected are planned and followed up.
4.6. Emergency Plan
The Occupational Health and Safety department prepares emergency plans, which contain the information and actions to be taken in case of an emergency at the bank, and these plans come into effect upon approval by the Board of Directors.
5. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
5.1. Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for publishing and implementing the Occupational Health and Safety.
5.2. Occupational Health and Safety
- It ensures that occupational health and safety activities are organized and carried out.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Department is responsible for the following:
- To follow the legislation, to review the Policy document once a year and to ensure that it is updated when necessary,
- To ensure that the existing and newly hired employees are trained and monitored,
- To ensure that risk assessments are done,
- To create emergency plans,
- To create instructions and procedures regarding occupational health and safety,
- To do periodic field supervisions,
- To carry out the legal health examinations of the employees,
- To ensure coordination with the other management units of the Bank and the service supplier(s).
6. UPDATING THE DOCUMENT
The updating of this document is assessed at least once a year by Occupational Health and Safety upon approval by Senior Management in line with the relevant recommendations and needs. If there is an amendment, it shall come into effect upon approval by the Board of Directors.