Garanti BBVA shows regard to the following principles pertaining to energy management system and commits itself to comply, and ensure that all of its employees also comply, with these principles.
- To follow up all applicable laws and regulations, and all efficiency programs developed at national/international platforms, relating to energy management, and to carry out its activities within the frame of corporate standards, and to integrate all applicable standards and rules, especially ISO 50001 Energy Management System, into its processes, and to perform its obligations arising out of applicable laws and regulations and out of the programs participated by it; and
- To determine and categorise energy effects of its activities at its locations covered by this policy, and to assure efficient use of its energy sources, and to continuously endeavour for improvement of its energy performance, and by doing so, to minimize and maintain the energy and environmental effects as far as it is possible; and
- To determine and regularly review objectives and goals for continuous improvement of energy efficiency, and to prevent inefficient use of energy; and
- To support designing activities taking the improvement of energy performance into consideration; and
- To take the energy efficiency criteria into account as far as possible in product, supplier and subcontractor selection, purchase and procurement processes and to include these criteria into purchasing process, and to conduct energy efficiency awareness activities for employees of suppliers providing services in locations and buildings covered by this policy; and
- To follow global, industrial and technologic developments relating to energy efficiency, and to determine new products, processes and standards applicable in locations covered by this policy, and to present such developments and opportunities determined as above to the related stakeholders for their consideration, thereby assuring the use of new implementable products and/or putting into practice said processes and standards; and
- To organise training and internal communication activities aimed at raising the awareness of employees, thereby making contribution to their development; and
- To encourage multifaceted communication in order to understand needs and demands of all stakeholders, and to make contribution to their awareness and development; and
- To open its Energy Policy to access by all stakeholders so as to ensure that it is well understood and implemented; and
- To take the required actions, and supply the required information, personnel and material sources, for energy management system and policy; and
- To ensure that the required sources are supplied by top executive management for performance of activities and operations under Energy Policy; and
- To ensure that top executive management regularly (on yearly basis) reviews and improves the compliance with this policy of all kinds of activities and operations carried out in the buildings covered by this policy.