Type of Committee: Main Committees
Subcommittee Type: Orientation / Coordination
Committee's Aim / Responsibilities: The main objective of the Committee is to contribute to preserve the Corporate Integrity of the Garanti.
Its fundamental function, is to ensure that the Code is being applied efficiently, through following responsibilities:
- Encouraging and monitoring efforts for creating a shared culture of integrity within Garanti Group;
- Making sure that the Code are implemented homogenously across Garanti; in this context, formulating and disseminating descriptive notes when needed;
- Implementing exclusion criteria with regard to compliance with certain provisions of the Code;
- Notifying matters deemed to be in contradiction to the Bank’s disciplinary rules to the Disciplinary Committee, and obtaining information about the ongoing examinations procedures and actions taken for the issue;
- Reporting immediately any incidents and circumstances that may pose a material risk against Garanti to:
- Top Management,
- The individual in charge of preparing the financial statements accurately;
- Following up the proposals of action agreed during the meetings,
- Encouraging adoption of necessary measures for handling suggestions regarding compliance with the Code and implementation of the document, and behaviors creating doubts with respect to ethics;
- Promote and monitor the operation and efficiency of the Complaint Channel at local level take necessary measures regarding updates and review where appropriate,
- Monitoring the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and taking action to keep them up-to-date.
Committee History: Established on January 2016.
Meeting Frequency: The Committee meets as and when necessitated by the current agenda; intended to meet twice a year.
Number of Meetings (2022): 2
||CEO / Board Member
|Tuba Köseoğlu Okçu
||Talent & Culture EVP
||Independent Board Member
||Finance & Treasury EVP
||Corporate, Investment Banking & Global Markets EVP
||Engineering & Data EVP
|Işıl Akdemir Evlioğlu
||Client Solutions & Digital Banking EVP
|Osman Bahri Turgut
||Director of Internal Audit
||Internal Control Director