Operational Risk Admission and Product Governance Committee
The Committee, aims to identify, analyze and evaluate the operational risks associated initiatives related with new business, products or services, outsourcing, process transformation and new systems ), prior to it’s launch. The Committee will give an opinion about the feasibility of the initiatives before they are materialized, as well as on their following-up. The Committee will evaluate the inherent operational risks, indicating the required controls and mitigations needed to ensure that the residual risks are within the established operational risk appetite.
The Committee's responsibilities are;
- Analyze and decide on new business, product and service offers.
- Analyze the viability of outsourcing offers and decide on outsourcing offers.
- Analyze and decide on feasibility of other offers including technological and process reengineering and vendor assessment.
- Decides the insurance framework of operational risks arising from initiatives, reviews, analyzes and approves insurance policy structures.
- To conduct an ongoing review of each new product at least 12-month period following implementation to ensure that it has been carried out properly (in this context, the Committee shall revoke approval of a previously approved Product, or an existing product or service, or block the implementation of a Product or continued use of a Product),
- To summarize and inform on its actions and deliberations, as appropriate, to members of senior management, managers within affected business lines, Board Risk Committee and to the respective bodies of each affected Garanti entity,
- To monitor the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and taking action to keep them up-to-date.
Meeting Frequency: The Committee meets at least in every 2 months.
Number of Meetings in 2019: 4
Committee Responsible: Burak Cenman, Pınar Bölten and Muhammed Ali Kaya
|Dr. M. Cüneyt Sezgin
||Finance & Treasury EVP
||Engineering & Data EVP
||Legal Services & Collection EVP
||Talent & Culture EVP
||Chief Credit Risk Officer
||Head of Risk Management
||Internal Control Director
||Insurance & Pension Coordination Director
||Strategic Planning & Responsible Business Director
||Internal Capital & Operational Risk Director
|Osman B. Turgut*
||Director of Internal Audit