Cost Management and Efficiency Committee
The objective of the Cost Management Committee is to support the Board of Directors in controlling costs within the context of real revenue performance (operating efficiency) and securing savings by optimizing budget implementations over the course of the year. The Committee is also responsible for:
- Identifying the efficiency areas of Garanti BBVA and providing a platform to discuss improvement areas,
- Informing committee members about cost developments in the future and evaluating saving suggestions,
- Providing a platform to discuss and decide on new ideas and alternatives about efficient cost management by taking into consideration the Bank’s strategies,
- Approving expenses or investment projects and proposals received from the units within the established limits of delegation,
- Clarifying the corresponding budget allocations,
- Ensuring local or regional implementation of corporate models, standards and specifications,
- Monitoring the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and taking action to keep them up-to-date.
In 2018, the Committee held six meetings.
Ali Fuat Erbil (CEO, Board Member), Javier Bernal Dionis (Board Member), Aydın Güler (EVP), Osman Tüzün (EVP), Mahmut Akten (EVP), İlker Kuruöz (EVP), Didem Dinçer Başer (EVP), Ali Temel (Chief Credit Risk Officer), B. Ebru Edin (EVP), Selahattin Güldü (EVP), Cemal Onaran (EVP), Aydın Düren (EVP), Işıl Akdemir Evlioğlu (CEO, GÖSAŞ), Oğuz Acar (Director), Hazal Özgüven (Director), Sibel Kaya (Director), Vahan Üçkardeş (Director), Burçin Bıkmaz (Director)