The Sustainability Committee is responsible for:
- Overseeing the efforts for assessing potential risks resulting from the Bank’s energy consumption, waste management, etc. and from the Bank’s direct impact upon the environment,
- Supervising the efforts for assessing potential risks arising from indirect environmental, social and economic impact resulting from financed projects and other loans, and providing necessary opinions to relevant decision-making parties,
- Monitoring the efforts for managing the risks which can negatively affect the Bank’s reputation and/or other activities in environmental, social and governance areas,
- Ensuring conformity of all decisions made and all projects carried out within the framework of the sustainability structure created within the Bank with other policies and related regulations of the Bank,
- Managing the efforts to allow the Bank to offer products and services that support sustainable development,
- Supervising the efficiency of sustainability efforts,
- Providing information to the Board of Directors on the Committee’s activities when needed,
- Monitoring the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and taking action to keep them up-to-date.
In 2018, the Responsible Business Committee convened with the attendance of the members of the Sustainability Committee and discussed the related topics.
M. Cüneyt Sezgin, PhD (Board Member), Ali Fuat Erbil (CEO, Board Member), Osman Tüzün (EVP), B. Ebru Edin (EVP), Ali Temel (Chief Credit Risk Officer), Cemal Onaran (EVP), Aydın Güler (EVP), Burçin Bıkmaz (Director)