The responsibilities of the Risk Committee are as follows:
- Monitor and oversee the strategy and general risk policies of the Bank and review the risk appetite declaration and core metrics, risk tolerance levels, limit structure, and metrics, taking into consideration the strength of the Bank’s capital and the overall quality of risk management, measurement and reporting,
- Review and approve, as appropriate, the corporate risk policies for each risk type, and the yearly limits for each risk type and business line with the level of detail that may be deemed appropriate at the time,
- Review and approve, as appropriate, measures to mitigate the impact of identified risks, should these materialize,
- Monitor the evaluation of the global risk profile and the Bank’s risk exposure, by type of risk, business line, product, or customer segment, and how these compare to the risk strategy and policies and the risk appetite,
- Assess the adequacy of risk information and risk internal control systems in the Bank to guarantee appropriate functioning of risk management as well as the suitability of the structure and operation of risk management in the Bank,
- Monitor that pricing of investment and deposit products offered to clients fully take into consideration the business model and risk strategy of the Bank, including a remediation plan should it be necessary,
- Verify that the Bank takes the necessary steps to guarantee the availability of systems, staffing and general resources adequate for the management of risks,
- Analyze and assess the appropriate workingof asset valuation, asset classification and risk estimation processes of the Bank,
- Promote the continuous development and improvement of advanced risk management model and practices, whilst closely monitoring requirements and recommendations of regulators and supervisors,
- Receive and review reports on capital planning, capital adequacy and provide effective challenge of the enterprise risk management and capital planning processes.
In 2018, the Committee held 11 meetings.
Rafael Salinas Martinez De Lecea (Board Member), Javier Bernal Dionis (Board Member), Süleyman Sözen (Board Chairman)